Amendments to the Fox Lane Area Quieter Neighbourhood
Recommendations for amendments to the Fox Lane Area Quieter Neighbourhood have been published in a report that can be found here. The recommendations are included in a report that addresses two existing permanent Quieter Neighbourhoods. The recommendations are that the Council:
- Makes necessary traffic management orders (TMOs) to:
- Convert three existing modal filters with a bollard to camera enforced modal filters by introducing a ‘no motor vehicles’ restriction at Selborne Road, Oakfield Road and The Mall
- Introduce exemptions for Blue Badge holders living within the QN area and Dial-a-Ride vehicles to the existing camera enforced modal filters on Fox Lane, Meadway and Conway Road. The exemptions shall also apply to the three locations being converted to camera enforced modal filters listed above (Selborne Road, Oakfield Road and The Mall).
- Carries out monitoring on selected roads outside of the Fox Lane QN area
- Continues with small scale and minor improvements, which were identified during the trial period in response to feedback received and monitoring data, such as new advanced warning signage.
The report also presents the findings from the engagement survey we conducted earlier this year about the Meadway. Residents were invited to share their views on whether the scheme would work better for them if the current restriction on Meadway was removed entirely, operated on a timed basis, or retained as is. After having considered a number of factors, the Council has made the recommendation not to make further changes to the restriction on the Meadway. Please refer to the published report for details about the recommendation.
This report, and each of the recommendations, is under consideration by the Leader of the Council with a decision anticipated shortly.