Decision published about amendments to the Fox Lane Area Quieter Neighbourhood
A decision on making amendments to the Fox Lane Area Quieter Neighbourhood (QN) has been published and can be found here. The decision has been made by the Leader of Enfield Council following the publication of a report addressing two existing permanent Quieter Neighbourhoods. The decision has been made to:
- Make necessary traffic management orders (TMOs) to:
- Convert three existing modal filters with a bollard to camera enforced modal filters by introducing a ‘no motor vehicles’ restriction at Selborne Road, Oakfield Road and The Mall
- Introduce exemptions for Blue Badge holders living within the QN area and Dial-a-Ride vehicles to the existing camera enforced modal filters on Fox Lane, Meadway and Conway Road. The exemptions shall also apply to the three locations being converted to camera enforced modal filters listed above (Selborne Road, Oakfield Road and The Mall).
- Carry out monitoring on selected roads outside of the Fox Lane QN area
- Continue with small scale and minor improvements, which were identified during the trial period in response to feedback received and monitoring data, such as new advanced warning signage.
The decision also confirms the Council’s recommendation not to make further changes to the restriction on the Meadway following an engagement survey conducted earlier this year about potential changes to the restriction on the Meadway. Please refer to the published report for details about the recommendation.
The decision is subject to call-in as per Council’s scrutiny process. More information on this process can be found here.