Statutory consultation on changes to Bull Lane bus gate & Shaftesbury Road proposals
A statutory consultation on the draft traffic orders for this project was undertaken in late 2021, the project was granted approval in February 2022, and construction began in May 2022.
We are now proposing changes to two aspects of the traffic orders which relate to:
- a modal filter at the junction of Shaftesbury Road with Bull Lane, and
- a bus gate at the southern end of Bull Lane.
The draft traffic orders for these changes have been published and the statutory consultation is open until 30 November 2022 where you can make any representations relating to the proposed orders or object to the making of the proposed orders
All the changes proposed can be seen on the drawings accompanying the draft traffic orders, found in the document library section on the right-hand side of this project page.
The main changes, which do not affect the purpose of the previous proposals, are summarised below:
- Shaftesbury Road
- Change from a modal filter to a point closure that allows westbound vehicles to turn right from Shaftesbury Road into Bull Lane
- Footway buildouts at both the north and south corners of the junction of Shaftesbury Road with Bull Lane
- Removal of the previously proposed on-street parking bay at the west side of Bull Lane and provision of an on-street parking bay of the same length at the east side of Bull Lane
- Removal of the single on-street parking bay at the west end of Shaftesbury Road and introduction of loading restrictions
- Bull Lane
- Relocation of the bus gate approximately 20 meters further north
- Change from planters at the bus gate to carriageway buildouts
- Removal of short sections of on-street parking bays immediately north and south of the newly proposed bus gate location
The statutory consultation is open until midnight Wednesday 30 November 2022. Any objection or representation must be made in writing, quoting the reference TG52/1514 and must state the grounds on which it is made. Objections or representations can be made in any of the following ways:
- online via the consultation survey on this project page,
- emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, or
- posted to Healthy Streets team, Enfield Council, Silver Street, Enfield, EN1 3XA.
Following the statutory consultation, a formal report will be produced that summarises the objections and representations. Enfield Council will provide a response and use the comments received to make a decision on whether or not to make the proposed changes.